Here’s what c. designed. I’m pondering what image to use for mine! (Will work for Zunes as well as video game gadgets and some computer stuff.) Use code 25DM at checkout for a discount.
It’s been a while, hasn’t it? This post is not for the faint of heart. I will try to be nebulous in my description.
The chickens are about 18 weeks old now. The roosters had learned to crow. It’s just about time for eggs, and, uh, I don’t need any more chickens. So my flock has shrunk from 6 to 4. (You do not need roosters in order to get eggs. The hens will lay, regardless. You only need roosters if you want babies.)
A friend of mine came over to teach me how to, uh, do the deed. I thought it would be very disturbing but it wasn’t. Quick, humane, done. [Details upon request.] I don’t see myself doing that a lot, because frankly, I just wanted 3-4 hens for eggs and *later* meat, and that’s what I’ve got now. That should last 2-3 years until egg production drops off.
On a lighter note, hopefully we’ll see the first egg before Christmas!
Two conversations at my house.
C: I need some information.
J: OK, whatcha need?
C: I need to know the boiling point of ammonia.
C: Because I’m designing a solar array.
c: If you’re truly invisible, light would not be able to bounce off of your retina, so technically you would be blind.
C: Hmm, that sounds about right.
J: I would rather be a shift-shaper like Mystique [X-Men]. Or fly.
I think I’m just ready for this year to be over. Not to wish away time, but jesus, the past little bit has been hard.
- Viral bronchitis that lasted a month. Finally gone, but I have never been that sick for that long. Ever.
- Torn hamstring that makes just about everything a little harder – finally went to the dr. and am going to an orthopaedic place Monday for “evaluation and treatment.” I need to know how much to work it. Or not work it. And if it’s “not work it,” I will have to find something other than yoga for a while. That would suck. We shall see.
- I have two toes (here we go with the toes again!) that itch on top, not in between. I thought at first I had gotten a bug bite but no. Dr. said it’s more than likely athlete’s foot. WTF? So apparently I have fungal cooties on my toes.
- The communication planets are out of alignment between me and C. We are both speaking English, but hell if I know what he’s talking about. Everything is a struggle there.
- Work is just hard. Busy and hard. I see no relief on the horizon.
But the good – GREAT – news is that I will finally see some of *my* family at Christmas, hooray!!